Ⅰ.General Requirements for Applicants
- Non-Chinese citizens.
- Holding a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in program-related fields with satisfactory performance.
- As some countries’ higher education systems are very different from the Chinese system, applicants from different education systems should see Attachment 3 for reference.
- English proficiency is required.
Ⅱ. Application Dates
1. 2021 Fall Entry:
a) For Applicants applying for all scholarships (CSC, ANSO and UCAS scholarship), please submit application before March 31st, 2021;
b) For Applicants who apply for UCAS Partial +SIAT Scholarship, please submit application before May 31st, 2021.
Ⅲ. Admission Process
Contact the potential supervisor and discuss your research plan —- Supervisor organizes online interview —- Applicants who passed the interview submit online application (along with scholarship application) —- SIAT & UCAS make admission and scholarship decisions (normally available in June or July) —- Graduate Office notifies admission decisions
Applicant sends CV to email@example.com —- Graduate Office forwards CV to different research institutes —- The institute helps with finding a supervisor —- Then following the steps in Mode 1
Ⅳ. Online Application Guideline
1. Applications shall be submitted via the Online Application System for International Students of UCAS(http://adis.ucas.ac.cn). Please prepare and upload the following materials to the system:
(1) Personal information page of ordinary passport
- The passport shall have at least 2 years validity.
(2) Recent full-face bust photo with 2-inch
- It is best to upload the photo used for passport.
(3) Complete CV with a brief introduction of research experience
(4) Foreigner Physical Examination Form(Attachment 4)
(5) Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Applicants having just completed or about to complete their Bachelor’s degree should provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating their expected graduation date. They are required to submit Bachelor’s degree certificates to the International Students Office of UCAS via their host institute before they enroll in UCAS.
(6) Undergraduate study transcripts
(7) Proof of knowledge of English and/or Chinese
(8) Detailed research proposal
(9) Title pages and abstracts of published papers (if have)
- If you have more than 5 papers, please upload no more than 5 of representative papers. Please DO NOT upload any unpublished paper.
(10) TWO reference letters from 2 professors or experts with the equivalent title
- The referees shall be familiar with you and your work, NOT to be your host supervisor. The letters should be signed, dated on official headed paper with contact phone number and email address of the referees.
2. Please note:
(1) An applicant can only register one account in the enrolment system. Please do not apply for multiple accounts, otherwise it will not be accepted.
(2) The applicant cannot apply to more than one institute/school and supervisor.
(3) Please choose major, host supervisor and host institute cautiously before submission. After enrolment at UCAS, applications for the change of these items are seldom considered.
(4) Please DO NOT send any hardcopy of application materials directly to SIAT.
(5) Chinese Government Scholarship, and UCAS Partial Scholarship for International DoctoralStudents do not request for application processing fee.
Ⅴ. Admission Result
Admission is determined at SIAT with oversight by UCAS according to the result of the document review, the interview, and other factors. Admission Notices, Visa Application Forms and some other documents will be sent to the admitted students after the final admission result is released. Prior to this, applicants may check their admission status via the Online Application System for International Students of UCAS (here)